Anne Brodsky, Ph.D., Chair
Elliot D. Lasson, Ph.D., Graduate Program Director
Greg Williams, Ed.D., Director and Clinical Associate Professor
P.B.C. (Degree Types)
Organizational Consulting Faculty
Throughout this 12-credit program, offered in a hybrid format with both in-person and online courses, you will gain the practical skills and knowledge needed to succeed as an external or internal consultant solving human performance challenges. In addition to acquiring a broad perspective of consulting practices, you will have the opportunity to examine the roles, functions, and processes used to solve real-world organizational issues.
Our curriculum was developed as a partnership between UMBC’s Industrial/Organizational Psychology and Learning and Performance Technology graduate programs. The credits you earn as part of the Organizational Consulting graduate certificate can also be applied towards the M.P.S. in I/O Psychology, or the M.A. in Learning and Performance Technology.
Program Admission Requirements
We have found that the most successful applicants to our program will have elements of the following profile:
- A Grade Point Average of 3.0 or above with:
- Introduction to (General) Psychology in addition to an undergraduate course in Research Methods or Statistics
- A focused Goal Statement demonstrating a basic understanding of the field of I/O and career aspirations with some application of I/O or HR.
- For those applicants who have not taken these prerequisite courses yet, a competitive application would include a plan to take these classes at an accredited institution (in-person or online) prior to starting the program and be addressed in the Goal Statement.
- GRE scores are not required for admission.
Please note that the above are guidelines used by the Selection Committee and that reviews and final decisions are made at its discretion on a holistic basis taking into account the entire application.
Fall Application Deadline: August 1