Notes on Quantitative Biology Minor
1) Students must earn a “C” or better in all minor courses and course prerequisites.
2) The Quantitative Biology Minor may not be taken with a Biological Sciences, B.A. , Biological Sciences, B.S. , Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, B.S. , or Bioinformatics and Computational Biology, B.S. because of substantial overlap in requirements.
3) At least two of the courses used to fulfill the Quantitative Biology Minor must not be used to fulfill course the requirements of another major, minor or certificate.
4) At least half of the courses required for the minor (five of ten) must be completed at UMBC.
5) Biological Sciences evaluates completion of minor requirements based on courses completed, not credits completed, because equivalent courses taken elsewhere may not be the same number of credits as the UMBC course they replace.
6) Under exceptional circumstances, the Department may waive or alter a requirement. Students seeking to petition for a waiver must consult with their academic adviser, then may submit a ‘Petition for Waiver/Substitution of Program Requirements’ form, found here: https://biology.umbc.edu/undergrad/forms-links/.